Talunga Council

A waypoint for travellers in the Adelaide Hills

Birdwood (formerly Blumber) and Mount Pleasant were both surveyed in 1856. Two years before these townships were established, the Travellers’ Inn was licensed a kilometre west of Birdwood (at the junction of the Angas Creek and the River Torrens).

The inn only lasted around 19 years, closing in early 1873. The inn had plenty of competition when it opened, including the Napoleon Bonaparte Inn that opening in Birdwood in 1856 (now trading as the Blumberg Hotel).

Only the ruins of the Travellers’ Inn now remain.

Note: This isn't the location of the cache, just the location of the historic site.

Website design & development by Digital Barn & Adam Winston